Sunday, January 27, 2008

Lizzie Anne Weekly Sketch Challenge


I made this using the challenge sketch over at LAD. They post one each week and it's alot of fun to play along. I just love love this darling ballerina stamp, it's one of their new singles.

I embossed the background SU paper using my swirls embossing folder for the Cuttlebug. The background paper is from a DCWV stack pack. I colored this cutie in using markers and adhered it to a darker pink background. On a recent trip to Michael's I picked up some great bling bling in the dollar section and that is what I put on the four corners. I think this came out very simple but cute. Part of the challenge was to use the sketch but to also incorporate stitches! Oh, my cute little craft sewing machine is still sitting there because I can't figure it out! (I've never been one to sew and I've never used a sewing machine:-) ) Soo... I went with faux stitches, or tried... I know this gal needs a sentiment added but I decided to leave it simple.

6 comments:

Lauren (mytime) said...

OH how cute! Love the bright cheery colors and paper. Adorable

Michelle said...

Such an adorable card. I love that little girl. Makes me smile!

laos348 said...

This is really cute! I like how you used the sketch.

Marilyn said...

This is so cute! Love the little ballerina and all the happy colors!

UrgentCookie said...

Great work! The ballerina is so cute. :0)

Kerry Johnson said...

This is so cute!! Love the ballerina and the bling! Everything goes together so well - nice job!

Unity Stamp Co Tuesday Inspiration!

  I'm up on the UNITY BLOG today sharing some cards I made using 2 stamp sets! I used the February background of the month called   as...