Wednesday, February 13, 2008

Have a GRAPE Day!

I have some more wonderful images to share from Starving Artistamps. I used this bunch of grapes for this simple and sparkly card. I left it simple because of the sparkles; I thought it worked nicely that way.

I started with Stampin Up Vanilla as a base. The great background paper is from a huge paper slab by Provo Craft. This sheet was perfect because it had grapes on it and had the "aged" appearance I was going for. I stamped using Brilliance Graphic Black. I have to tell you this is great ink, in case you have not tried it. It is pigment but does dry pretty quickly. I purchased it as a "dew drop" because I thought of that like a sample and I will most definitely get a larger pad as well. These dew drop sizes though actually work well with inking a stamp no matter the size. I colored the grapes in using Prismacolor markers. I used 3 colors of stickles: Starry Night (purple like), Cinnamon and Diamond. I just love the way it sparkles and was psyched that this photo came out pretty good. I mounted the image on Mellow Moss (Stampin Up) and use pop dots to add some dimension in person.

I have more samples to come from the new images released as well. Don't forget you can save 10% on your next Starving Artist order, check out the details here...

2 comments:

Marilyn said...

Love that card - your creations are always fabulous!!

UrgentCookie said...

I like how the grapes have such great coloring. The different colors in the grapes are fantastic. :0)

Unity Stamp Co Tuesday Inspiration!

  I'm up on the UNITY BLOG today sharing some cards I made using 2 stamp sets! I used the February background of the month called   as...