Wednesday, February 27, 2008

Scalloped Layers - Starving Artistamps

I know I stink at the titles! Errr.... I need to be much more creative. Anyhow, this card was a stressful one. In the end it's OK but I am still looking at it thinking I'm really not sure perhaps too simple? Here is the thing... I started with the orange colors. I was going to use Cameo Coral/Blush Blossom and I did make something. But you know what I did? I took it all apart and kept just the orange flowers. This great image is from Starving Artistamps. It's from their new silhouette flowers. While I am on the topic of Starving Artistamps you have to check out the new Gallery. There will be loads and loads of fantastic SA samples there. You'll definitely want to check it out.

The base of this card is Stampin Up's Mellow Moss. I used my new scalloped circle nestablities for the layering. Can I tell you it still pains me to hear that "crackle" when you run it through the Cuttlebug to cut. The flowers were stamped using the Shades of Orange blending box by Marvy. I added some diamond Stickles to the flowers because you know I love the glitter. The black background I ran though the Cuttlebug using the script flower. The green background paper is from a DCWV stack pack and it is actually cool in person very shimmery (sorry the photo does not pick it up).
What do you think? In person I think it looks a bit better than I was able to capture on camera. I kind of like how the orange colors pop. BTW, the 3 layers of scalloped circles are all on pop dots so it all POPS out! Like I said just a tad better in person, I'm sorry I was not able to capture it. I am definitely not a photographer but I've been trying to work on that.

Don't forget the special at Starving Artistamps, where now through the end of March you can save 10% on your next order! Please see here for all the details.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

This is beautiful! Love the colors on those flowers!!!

Unity Stamp Co Tuesday Inspiration!

  I'm up on the UNITY BLOG today sharing some cards I made using 2 stamp sets! I used the February background of the month called   as...