Sunday, March 9, 2008

Little Trucks


This card I created for my little boy's birthday. Actually my Grandma asked me to make cards for my twins who turn 2 this month.

This card is using Stampin Up's Little Trucks set and Button Bear for the sentiment. I'm finding I am lacking sentiments and have to go back to some old stamps to find some.

I colored in the truck using my Copic markers. I added some google eyes for cuteness. The blue is Ballet Blue, yellow is Yo Yo Yellow and the patterned paper is from a DCWV stack pack. I used my Cuttlebug to emboss the background. The black ribbon is from my $1.00 ribbon finds at A.C. Moore. Finally I don't know if you can see it well but I actually scored criss cross lines on the yellow paper.

I sat down to start this card with Amy's weekly sketch. It's a great sketch and my creation was going that way. However, the image I used, the strips I cut it all didn't work well with her wonderful sketch and took a mind of it's own. But I did want to give inspiration credit where credit is due. Thanks Amy for the inspiration, sorry it didn't end up as your sketch. I will try again using another image.

Till later....

9 comments:

Jennifer_GlitterInMyHair said...

Oh, this is so cute! I think this is going to be one of my Friday Favorites for this coming up Friday - LOVE the bright colors, the angle of the main image...and all the dry embossing. Fabulous job!!

P.S. - You've been tagged! :-) Check my blog for details.

Jennifer_GlitterInMyHair said...

oh yeah - and a BIG happy birthday to your twins!!

Laurie Unger said...

Great layout and I love how you colored the main image! The eyes just make it totally awesome!

Marilyn said...

Great card - love the colored image and the embossed background - too cute!

Lesa said...

This is adorable! Little boy cards are harder for me and you pulled this off wonderfully!

gqzmommy said...

this card is adorable! I love those googly eyes!

(found your blog via the sketch challenge on Amy R's blog)

Stacy said...

So fun and cute! Great card.

Stampin' Meg said...

Oh how cute is that lil guy?!!

UrgentCookie said...

This turned out super cute! I need to pull out this set and use it more often.

Unity Stamp Co Tuesday Inspiration!

  I'm up on the UNITY BLOG today sharing some cards I made using 2 stamp sets! I used the February background of the month called   as...