Saturday, March 15, 2008

Weekend Sketch Challenge

For Beate's weekend sketch challenge I decided to pull out a great Gina K set, Make A Wish. I love the Gina K sets, I really need to get some more. You know how it is need it all! Like I say I need to win lotto! :-)LOLOL.

For this sketch I used the chalkboard technique. Once I completed that technique I embossed the image using clear embossing powder. On the small shooting star I think the "blurriness" looks cool. That occurred because I did the embossing right over the chalked image causing that shadow or blur. In person this looks rather neat. I added a nice ribbon to the big image and then used stampin dimensionals for the small image so it pops out. It's rather simple but I think it turned out nice. I decided to send a few cards in for the Gina K Design Team call. It doesn't hurt to try. It's really nice because Gina has a permanent DT but also has a rotating one so every 3 months she has another call. It gives many chances for people to try out for a team. How cool would that be to get on Gina's team? I know there is sooo much awesome talent out there but hey you never know. Ok, yes I know that is the slogan for the NY lotto! HA HA HA. No I'm not a gambler but will play lotto once in awhile. :-)

Check out Jennifer's Friday Favorites list here... How cool is that, she used my Little Trucks post as one of her favorites from last week. Isn't that sweet? Thanks Jennifer!
Next you will want to check out Lauren's blog she is celebrating her 1 year blog-aversary with a fantastic giveaway!
Thanks for stopping by.
Till later...

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Great card, Maria! Love that you tried the Chalkboard technique with this set! Hugs and smiles

Jennifer_GlitterInMyHair said...

Great card! Chalkboard is so fun - I haven't pulled it out in awhile but it makes such a pretty look! Nice!

Kim said...

WOW!! Love what you did for the sketch by using the chalkboard technique!

Kerry Johnson said...

Cool technique! Love your card! Good luck with the design team!

Unity Stamp Co Tuesday Inspiration!

  I'm up on the UNITY BLOG today sharing some cards I made using 2 stamp sets! I used the February background of the month called   as...