Wednesday, April 23, 2008

Mothers & Daughters Challenge

This week is my first "official" post (challenge) as part of the Mothers & Daughters design team. I decided to incorporate a few of the awesome products including an Image from Outlines and paper by Basic Grey, Hanko Designs & Core'dinations.

This image is so "springy" I love it. I colored in using markers and mounted it on Purely Pomegranate and Wild Wasabi. The burgundy paper under the image is paper by Core'dinations. I ran it through the Cuttlebug with the Swiss Dots folder. The cool thing about this paper is the core. I apologize but the photo doesn't capture it well. I tried sanding the dots to expose the cool effect. Tearing the paper would show this better. But it does not have a white core it has a colored core. I this case it is pink. It's pretty cool. I will do some tearing for my next sample with it to show you how cool. The awesome delicate looking paper underneath is some of the Washi Paper by Hanko. This paper is amazing. It's a very delicate "tissue" like paper. For the flowers on the sides I punched using Basic Grey paper and added brads to the middle. And finally check out the watering can! I added lots of glitter!! I used my Stickles, if you haven't tried them yet it is a must especially if you like glitter.

Definitely check out the blogs for the other design team members (HERE) as I know they will have posted some awesome things today as well. And while you are there you should check out the great products. I'm really excited about working with them and the great products at M&D. Please stay tuned.....

Well it's supposed to be another nice spring day today so we are headed outdoors to play.

Till later...


4 comments:

Lesa said...

Maria, This is fabulous! I love the colors! You did a wonderful job on your coloring. It is just purty.

laos348 said...

So pretty. I like the colors a lot as well as how its all put together.

Lynda Benden said...

LOVE this Maria!!! Your coloring and all of the details are fantastic! I am so excited to use that cardstock too! You have inspired me!

~Lynda

Anonymous said...

Wow, you do such a good job pulling things from different lines together!! I love that you brought the Hanko paper into the mix; I love what you did with the Outlines stamp - it's darling! And love the polka dots - great job all around! Thanks so much!

Unity Stamp Co Tuesday Inspiration!

  I'm up on the UNITY BLOG today sharing some cards I made using 2 stamp sets! I used the February background of the month called   as...