Monday, May 12, 2008

Nana's Box of Goodies

This is a project I put together for my Mom for Mother's day. My mom loves when I make things like this for her. It's funny because since I was little she always said the best gifts are handmade. I remember she used to want to give handmade gifts for Christmas. Although she is not crafty so that's probably why it didn't pan out.

Anyhow, for this project I used a box I picked up at the dollar store and 2 wooden frames from Michael's.

I started with the box and coverd it in paper from the Melissa Frances page kit called "Thankful". Now I'm sure this is was put together for scrapbookers but who says we can't use those same materials for other projects right? The great glitter letters I had from a long time ago and apologize because I don't know who makes them. The flower under the name is a 3D sticker that came in the page kit set. Here is the close up of the box:

Next I moved on to the frames. I painted both using white acrlyic paint. Then I covered them in paper. For the flower I used great glitter paper by Best Creations. The little flower in the upper right was punched out of the same paper.

The star frame I used paper by Daisy Bucket. I cut it out and adhered it on and then using the star template for the cuttlebug I cut out the star.
The gifts were a hit, my mom loved it. She even loves the box which she plans on displaying! Who else but a mom can appreciate handmade items that much!
I hope everyone had a fanstaic Mother's Day!

Thanks for stopping by.

Till Later....




3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Wowza - you've been busy! I just love these - great use of the different papers and such cute results - I'm sure your mom loved your gift!!

Marilyn said...

What wonderful gifts you made for you Mom - I agree - handmade gifts are the best - these are wonderful and I know she must have loved the work you put into them!

Lynda said...

Your gifts are just beautiful Maria! You do so well altering items. Your Mom is so lucky!

Unity Stamp Co Tuesday Inspiration!

  I'm up on the UNITY BLOG today sharing some cards I made using 2 stamp sets! I used the February background of the month called   as...