Monday, June 16, 2008

Unity Inspirational Challenge

Friday was the weekly inspiration challenge in the Unity forum at SCS. Here is the beautiful photo that was this week's inspiration:

I looked at this an really loved the colors. Green, Blue and the brown from the carpet. I had this awesome paper by Daisy Bucket found at Mothers & Daughters Creations, which I thought would work out nicely.

Here is my creation based on this challenge:

I used the Unity set Oh! Happy Day. I heat embossed the large flower image using some great sparkly powder I picked up at a stamp convention by Sprinkle and Sparkle. I colored in the flowers with a Copic Marker and added Lime Green stickles. The butterfly was created using glitter. I picked up a glitter/foil set by Bo'Nash. It comes with a adhesive pen that dries tacky allowing you to adhere foil or glitter. This butterfly is using the awesome blue glitter from the set. I have to say I was very skeptical about getting this set but I love it!! I love sparkle! In the middle I added some Diamond stickles for even more sparkle. The ribbon (American Crafts) underneath looks better to me IRL, but I left it because I didn't want to fuss and mess everything else up. It doesn't look that bad does it? The solid colors are Stampin Up's Close to Cocoa and Certainly Celery.

I had fun playing with this creation. I'm really loving heat embossing again. Is that totally out of date? If it is I don't care I'm bringing it back! LOLOL! I am hoping tomorrow the mailman will bring my new Unity stamps.

Thanks for stopping by.....

Till Later...



3 comments:

Marilyn said...

Heat embossing is definitely not out! I have been burning up my fingers with it! LOL! Great card with this challenge - don't you just love these colors!

Lynda Benden said...

Beautiful card Maria! I love the papers and stamps you used. It looks very glittery and pretty!

Christi said...

oooh, I hadn't seen this card yet. I need to go catch up on that thread! Great interpretation!!! smiles...

Unity Stamp Co Tuesday Inspiration!

  I'm up on the UNITY BLOG today sharing some cards I made using 2 stamp sets! I used the February background of the month called   as...