Wednesday, August 13, 2008

Mothers & Daughters Challenge



It's Thursday and you know what that means? Challenge time at MDC. I'm psyched for the month of August I get to pick the challenges each week. This week is a stamp company spotlight and it's Outlines. Have you seen their stamps, very intricate and cool. They enable you to color, glitter, embellish and layer!

For this challenge I picked this awesome butterfly. I used two stamped images for this. I colored both using Copics but the one on top I colored the background pink, the bottom one I left the background white. I also added stickles to some of the flowers and leaves just for some sparkle. My background colors are Rose Red and Regal Rose. And the cute green patterned paper is by Daisy Bucket. I pulled the sheer ribbon from my stash to add a delicate touch to the bottom.

I love the size of this butterfly and how cool it looks "layered".


Don't forget to swing on by the MDC Challenge blog as well as the blog of the DT members: Cindy, Jennifer, Linda, Lynda and Tamara. Do you love Basic Grey? If so you will love saying 20% check it out at the MDC Store.
Thanks for stopping by.


Till Later...

5 comments:

Tam said...

Awesome job with this big butterfly stamp - your card is beautiful! You did a great job on the challenge - thanks!

Cindy Haffner said...

Maria i love your butterfly awesome job.

Lynda Benden said...

Awesome job Maria! I almost used that stamp! You did a great job with it!

Anonymous said...

Maria, Love this card, especially the floaty wings!

Jennifer Meyer said...

Stunning card and design Maria! The detail is so pretty and I LOVE how you layered the butterfly.

Stamping hugs,
Jennifer :)

Unity Stamp Co Tuesday Inspiration!

  I'm up on the UNITY BLOG today sharing some cards I made using 2 stamp sets! I used the February background of the month called   as...