Thursday, August 28, 2008

Mothers & Daughters Thursday Challenge


I can't believe it's the end of August already and the summer is over! What are your plans for labor day weekend? Not much here. My anniversary is Sept 9 so DH and I are going to go out this Saturday to celebrate since we can't next weekend. Then on Monday we will have some friends over to BBQ. I can't say that I am sad to see summer end as I don't like the hot weather. I love fall though....

This is the last week for my challenge selections with the MDC team and this week I picked to use an "odd ball" shaped card. Funny thing is I couldn't decide for some reason. So I went into powerpoint and messed around with shapes and came up with this funky little shape to use. I turned it into a little birthday card. The image is by Imagainsce and I colored it with copics and added stickles. I used my scalloped nesties to cut it and create the mat. The striped paper underneath is also by Imagainsce. I used some pink scalloped paper from a DCWV pack and added some of my flowers from the Michael's bridal section.

I thought this came out somewhat simple but cute. Be sure to stop by the other members of the team to check out their amazing creations: Cindy, Jennifer, Linda, Lynda and Tamara.

That's it for now.


Till Later....

6 comments:

Jennifer Meyer said...

Cute card Maria, LOVE the fun colors and design. Thanks for the fun challenges in August, I had a blast doing them!

Have a wonderful week,
Jennifer :)

Tam said...

This is so cute! Loved this challenge - thanks for all your great ideas this month!

Cindy Haffner said...

Super job, thanks for the fun challenge.

Lynda Benden said...

Your card is just darling Maria! I loved this challenge ~ great idea Maria!

Anonymous said...

Oh this really did come out cute looking! Great job there! Happy Anniv. to you too!!!! Have a Great Labor Day weekend also!!! TFS!
~Heidi

Shirley said...

Now this is wonderful! A work of art. The shape, the colors and the whole design are just so pretty!

Unity Stamp Co Tuesday Inspiration!

  I'm up on the UNITY BLOG today sharing some cards I made using 2 stamp sets! I used the February background of the month called   as...