Saturday, April 3, 2010

JUST US GIRLS SATURDAY CHALLENGE - SKETCH TIME

It's Saturday and time for another fun JUGS challenge. Today the fabulous Kirsten is our hostess and she came up with this fabulous sketch:



SO here is my take on the sketch:




I'm really happy with this card but I do hope the "sketch police" does not come after me or Kristen since it was her sketch! LOL! I decided to be a rebel and us scallops on the bottom but not the 3 like in the sketch. I'm usually the one who follows sketches perfectly and never bends the rules. This time I'll admit I had issues with getting those nice shapes so I opted for my scallop border punch. SO, overlooking that I think this came out pretty nice. Do you think the jail for sketch offenders is nice? Anyhoo.. I used the new Gina K Stamp TV set called Spring Mix. It's huge with awesome images, ribbon and paper. The ribbon I used is from the kit. I used GKD card stock Lovely Lavender and Vibrant Violet. My pattern paper is from new Basic Grey called Kioshi Paper. To achieve the colors in the solid floral stamp I used Memento Dew Drops.


So today is the last challenge that our lovely and fabulous Tracey Cuccia will be with us on Jugs. Tracey is moving on and we wish her well. Tracey is a fabulous designer and will be missed. But I know she will pop in to play when she can. Big Hugs Tracey!!
Be sure to visit the JUGS DT gals as I know they will have lots of fabulous stuff for you to check out.

Kristin

Alicia

Sue Lelli ~ Our April Featured Designer

We hope that you will come and play along with us. Upload your project using this week's challenge to your online blog or public photo gallery. Leave a link that goes directly to your project using the InLinkz form in the JUGS post. If you upload to an online gallery, please use keyword or tag, JUGS27. After you post to InLinkz, please also leave us a comment here.

Deadline to be considered for "Chic of the Week" will be 9:00 PM EST on Thursday, April 8th. Our "Chic of the Week" will be announced on Friday morning following the deadline. (InLinkz will also close at the deadline.)
Well that is all for now!
Till later...

7 comments:

AKiteFlier said...

Beautiful Maria - love the colors you chose - Hey a sketch is just a guideline - I LIKE your scalloped edge. :-) That's a beautiful GKD stamp. Way to go!

Mona Pendleton said...

So pretty & Spring like! Looks like a beautiful flower garden! Great way to showcase this week's sketch!

Lisa Kind said...

Well, I'm on the sketch police patrol and I'm going to go lightly on you only because I'm in a good mood with beautiful weather here! But next time......!!! Maria, this is so pretty! I love the scalloped border and the colors are fab, as is the image you chose! Love that Kioshi paper, too (did you notice it on mine?)! Great job with the sketch!

Unknown said...

Beautiful, Maria!! Love your background papers and the image is just lovely!!

Unknown said...

*lights and sirens* "you are under arrest" lol. The sketch police - you're too funny Maria. I ♥ the way this turned out - that focal image is beautiful too, I'll have to go check it out.

Sue Lelli said...

Pretty pretty card. And if the sketch police come after you, they will have to take me with you! I am always looking over MY shoulder! Love your colors and the scalloped edge! Thanks for the shout out, too!

Andrea M said...

Fabulous card Maria!!! I love the colors! Thanks so much for the inspiration :)

Unity Stamp Co Tuesday Inspiration!

  I'm up on the UNITY BLOG today sharing some cards I made using 2 stamp sets! I used the February background of the month called   as...