Saturday, November 13, 2010

Just Us Girls Saturday Challenge - Technique Week

It's Saturday and that means another fun challenge with JUST US GIRLS! This week our challenge is to make a gatefold card! LOVE these cards so much fun! You can find a simple tutorial on SCS HERE. Very simple and even easier with a score pal! Seriously I didn't know what those little dots where for! LOL! I need a Dummies Lesson for the score pal!

Before we get to it I want to send a shout out to fellow DT Member Dana who is celebrating a birthday! Happy Birthday Dana!!


Here is what I came up with using images from Gina K . Designs:


Now that is just the outside, check out my inside:
Close up of the inside sentiment:


Be sure to swing on by the JUGS DT Member blogs for lots of fabulous inspiration.

Just Us Girls Design Team

Cheryl Rowley, November Featured Designer
Alicia


We would love to have you play along with us

How to play: You need to upload your project for this week's challenge to your online blog or public photo gallery. Leave a link that goes directly to your project in the Inlinkz form at the bottom of the JUGS post. If you upload to online galleries, please also use the keyword or tag, JUGS59. After you post to Inlinkz you can also leave a comment here.

Deadline to be considered for the weekly "Chic of the Week" is 9:00 PM EST on Thursday, November 25. The Inlinkz form will close at that time. Our top pick "Chic of the Week" will be announced on the following Friday morning.

Thanks for stopping by!


7 comments:

AKiteFlier said...

Spectacular st of poinsettias on your card Maria! Love them and your inside is just beautiful. Well done with the gatefold card.

Kristin Eberline said...

Oooh...poinsettias! I changed my mind at the very last minute and decided not to add a poinsettia to my card, and used holly leaves instead :] Glad I did, because yours would have put mine to shame! These are stunning, girlie! Love the color palette and the pretty inside panel.

Elise said...

Oh, GLORIOUS poinsettias - YEAHHHH! What a super WELL-colored card and fantastic use of the gate-fold concept! What a GREAT challenge theme this week: I SO had to get down with this one! Thanks for the terrific inspiration!

Anne Tussing said...

Wow! Gorgeous inside and out! I love how your flowers fit together over the gate fold. It looks very intricate!

Kathryn B said...

This is just stunning Maria!!! your Ponsettieas are just gourgeous with the plaid background and the inside is just as perfec! Way to go girl!

Andrea M said...

OMG - this is so pretty inside and out! Gorgeous work Maria!!! Your coloring is fabby too!!! I love the color scheme too - just puts me right in the Christmas mood :)

Dana Gustafson said...

Pewrfect poinsetties! I love the pretty flower combined with the ever wonderful winter plaid DP!

Unity Stamp Co Tuesday Inspiration!

  I'm up on the UNITY BLOG today sharing some cards I made using 2 stamp sets! I used the February background of the month called   as...