Saturday, December 11, 2010

Just Us Girls Saturday Challenge

Happy Saturday and another fun challenge with Just Us Girls! Our technique this week is called Sparkly Stained Glass!
Here is what I came up with using a Unity Stamp and I went with the Tim Holtz inspired tag. This is not one of his 12 tags of Christmas but his tags inspired my tag for this challenge! :-) I distressed the tag using distress inks and then stamped the music image (Ippity Stamps) in black. The green circle that the birdie is on is actually a piece of chipboard which I colored using distress inks. My sentiment "JOY" is chipboard which I again colored using distress inks and then I added crystal effects (crystal lacquer) to it which gives it the shine!


Just Us Girls Design Team


Elise Durenberger ~ December Guest Designer




How to play: You need to upload your project for this week's challenge to your online blog or public photo gallery. Leave a link that goes directly to your project in the Inlinkz form at the bottom of the JUGS POST. If you upload to online galleries, please also use the keyword or tag, JUGS63. After you post to Inlinkz you can also leave a comment here.

Deadline to be considered for the weekly "Chic of the Week" is 9:00 PM EST on Thursday, Dec 16. The Inlinkz form will close at that time. Our top pick "Chic of the Week" will be announced on the following Friday morning.



Well that's it for now!

Thanks for stopping by!

3 comments:

Elise said...

What a terrific time of year for this GREAT challenge, Maria! I LOVE it! What a WONDERFUL source for your inspiration: I am having SUCH fun drooling over Tim's tags this year! Now, just find the time TO MAKE SOME! hee hee I love your piece: it's the perfect use of ALL of the above. Thanks for the fab fun this week ~ I really appreciate being included in it ALL!

AKiteFlier said...

Maria what a fun tag - love all your elements - visually appealing! This was a fun challenge even if I didn't play completely by the rules LOL. Thanks for making us get out of our box :-)

Dana Gustafson said...

Ohhhhh fun! TIm inspired anything makes me want to craft something! I love your distressed and laquered letters. So gorgeous! Thanks for the excuse to throw some glitter about this week! I love it!

Unity Stamp Co Tuesday Inspiration!

  I'm up on the UNITY BLOG today sharing some cards I made using 2 stamp sets! I used the February background of the month called   as...