Thursday, June 30, 2011

Friends with Flair Friday



It's Friday and another Unity Friends with Flair!

Today I wanted to share with you my "Summer Time" journal. This idea sparked from that new "Smash" journal. I saw them at my LSS and thought they were pretty cool but I didn't HAVE to get one! They are coming out with a smash mini that I can't wait to see how small it is.

So I picked up a few of these at Michael's the other day in the $1.50 spot. (yeah can you believe that those baskets of goodies are now $1.50! LOL! )


This adorable comp book measures 6 x 8. And yes it does have this great pattern that looks like ribbons. They had other cool ones as well. Anyhow I decided to take some summery pattern paper by My Little Yellow Bicycle and cover it and I came up with this:



Very simple but I just adore that paper! The rubber band is actually a "Smash" one! On the inside I glued using Mod Podge pages together. I went through the whole book and glued 3 pages together all the way. Then I pulled out all sorts of random papers and added them on the pages to come up with a cool "finished" look. Here are my inside pages. The front cover (left side) has a double pocket and the first page using Unity and {ippity}:

The tape down the middle and on the page is paper tape by 7 Gypsies. I found a bunch of these at AC Moore for 2.00 and they are fabulous to use in this journal to help the spine/seam in the middle.

Here are some more of the pages in random order:













I used a mix of papers Basic Grey, My Little Yellow Bicycle, Memory Box....

Looking for some {ippity}? I have a bunch in my shop TYKAT SUPPLIES! And more to come. If you are looking for a kit I don't have I can order it for you. Free gift with every {ippity} purchase! New release coming July 5th!

Now to see if I use this fun journal to record our summer fun! If I do I might make one for the fall and winter!

Thanks for stopping by!

12 comments:

Anne Tussing said...

Great altered notebook!

jennifer mitten said...

I love your notebook - the papers are fabulous too!

Jingle said...

This is really fun!

sharon g said...

I love the idea, and the execution!!

Houses Built of Cards said...

GREAT project!!! LOVE how it came out - what a fun idea!!!

housesbuiltofcards@gmail.com
www.housesbuiltofcards.blogspot.com

dclouser said...

Great idea and great job on it!

Tenia Nelson said...

What a super cute project!!! tfs!!

Jillisgram said...

Nice work on your project!

Ruby said...

Very nice and fun projects.

Marilyn Nimmo said...

LOVE this--altered art is so much fun!

Kary said...

Hi Maria! Sweet altered notebook!! You have been busy ;)

Erin (Homemade Cards by Erin) said...

Fun notebook, I hardly ever make these kind of projects, I really should give it a try.

Unity Stamp Co Tuesday Inspiration!

  I'm up on the UNITY BLOG today sharing some cards I made using 2 stamp sets! I used the February background of the month called   as...