Wednesday, December 7, 2011

Ho, Ho, Ho - A Christmas Canvas

This canvas was just fun fun using an 8 x 8 stretched canvas.


First I painted the canvas in a fun green acrylic paint. Then using mod podge glued down various pieces of pattern paper for the background. The center section where the fun tree is, is actually a paper Christmas napkin!

This is the actual package of napkins:




How much fun is that? I keep finding cool looking napkins at dollar and discount stores! To create the tree in the middle I adhered it to some grungeboard and used mod podge to adhere. Then using dimensionals I adhered it to the canvas to create dimension. Then I used stickles for the glitter on it.





I used some stamps on this as well. In the background I used some Unity Stamp Co. background stamps. The Santa image is by Tim Holtz and the "believe" is by Memory Box.

Well that's all for now!

Stay tuned for a new release from Queen Kat Designs tonight.

Till later!

1 comment:

Elise said...

THIS is positively JUICY! Maria! Girl, you are a crafty mama - I love this! Thanks for making me want to claw my way back into the craftroom today, inspite of the hefty to-do list - you ARE on fire, GF! xo!

Unity Stamp Co Tuesday Inspiration!

  I'm up on the UNITY BLOG today sharing some cards I made using 2 stamp sets! I used the February background of the month called   as...