Saturday, May 5, 2012

Paper Smooches Cardstock Contest

Hey there!  What are you doing for National Scrapbooking Day?  I worked on some layouts during the week one of which I shared earlier today and another for Monday.  So today I wanted to share with you a card for a contest.

Now I have a cute card to share with you using stamps from Paper Smooches!  I've been eyeing these great stamps for some time and finally got my hands on a set and it's called: Chubby Chums.  It's an adorable animal set.

On the Paper Smooches blog there is a contest going on right now to use just card stock on your card.  NO pattern paper at all is allowed.  When you think about it usually we always pull out some pattern papers for our cards and layouts so this is a challenge.  I decided I wanted to use the cute owl from the set so that determined my theme.  I thought it would be fun to have her sit in a tree.  SO using my circuit I was able to cut out a tree for her.  My background is embossed using an embossing folder and I added some of the new Tim Holtz Squeezed Lemonade ink over it.  This is from the spring distress ink release. My ribbon is from Creating is Fun.

Here is what I came up with:


Pretty simple but I thought it came out cute.

Thanks for stopping by and I hope you got a little crafty today!

Maria

No comments:

Unity Stamp Co Tuesday Inspiration!

  I'm up on the UNITY BLOG today sharing some cards I made using 2 stamp sets! I used the February background of the month called   as...