Saturday, June 9, 2012

Just Us Girls Technique Challenge with Sweet n' Sassy stamps


Welcome to this week's Just Us Girls Challenge!  I'm am the hostess this week and picked a technique challenge for us.  It's called acrylic distress.  A great tutorial can be found on SCS HERE.  Mine didn't photograph all that well

Thursday night was the June release at Sweet n' Sassy Stamps!  There was a fun party in their SCS forum and some challenges posted.  Great new sets to check out!

I played along in Challenge #2 which is make it dimensional.  I LOVE adding layers of dimension to my cards.  Getting a good picture though is always a challenge.  Here is the card I made using the cute set called Woof You.


Here is a close up of the layers:


Basically the bottom brown circle is popped up.  Then I created dimension on the dog's face and nose all of which are separate layers.

I used SU and Basic Grey paper.  The brown lace is from Creating is Fun.

Be sure to swing on by the JUST US GIRLS BLOG to see what the entire DT cooked up!!  Swing by their blogs as well they would love it!!!

That's all for now!

Maria

5 comments:

Elise said...

This is SO cute, darlin'! So glad you're hosting this challenge - WHAT a great reminder to keep that acrylic paint in the creative mix! LOVE your use of color!!! Yummmmm!

Lynn said...

How sweet is that little puppy! And I love all that dimension! Super fun Maria...loved this technique! Thanks for introducing me to it!!

Lisa Kind said...

Eeek! This is so cute! I love doggie images and love the layers! Great technique and I love how you did it on this one!

Vicki Dutcher said...

What an adorable card! Cute puppy~

Andrea M said...

Maria - this is an AMAZiNG technique! Love it! What a sweet little card you've made - love the colors!

Unity Stamp Co Tuesday Inspiration!

  I'm up on the UNITY BLOG today sharing some cards I made using 2 stamp sets! I used the February background of the month called   as...